1. Preserve both the 9 percent and 4 percent Housing Credit programs.
2. Educate Members of Congress and their staff on the importance of the LIHTC by providing examples and opportunities for site visits.
3. Increase the Housing Credit cap for each state by 50 percent.
4. Establish a minimum 4 percent Housing Credit rate for the acquisition of existing housing when the Housing Credits are allocated under the State’s Housing Credit cap.
5. Set a minimum 4 percent Housing Credit rate for developments financed with the proceeds of multifamily tax-exempt Housing Bonds.
6. Increase Housing Credit resources by an amount that makes significant progress towards meeting the affordable housing need of the eligible population.
7. Continue to allow the tax-exemption on private activity multifamily Housing Bonds.
8. Retain the current 27.5 year depreciation period for Housing Credit properties.
9. Make any adjustments needed to maintain current levels of investment in the Housing Credit, notwithstanding lower corporate rates that might be enacted as part of tax reform.