1. Enact the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act, comprehensive legislation which includes roughly two dozen improvements to the Housing Credit and Multifamily Housing Bonds that would make these tools more streamlined, flexible, and better able to serve a wider range of populations and communities. We applaud Congress for enacting two key provisions from the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act in March of 2018. We will continue our efforts to advance the other components of this legislation, particularly the minimum 4 percent Housing Credit rate due to its potential to significantly increase the production of affordable housing.
2. Seek opportunities to further strengthen and increase investment in the Housing Credit and other affordable housing tools like Multifamily Housing Bonds through infrastructure or other legislation that may advance in 2019, such as housing finance reform.
3. Work with the Administration to protect and strengthen investment in affordable housing in any changes to regulations, such as those related to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
4. Educate Members of Congress, their staff, and the Administration on the importance of the Housing Credit and Multifamily Housing Bonds through meetings in Washington, DC, local outreach, and tours of Housing Credit properties.
5. Equip AHTCC members and other affordable housing stakeholders to be effective advocates for the Housing Credit by providing advocacy trainings and materials, timely policy updates, and conferences, meetings, and events centered on the Housing Credit.