Since 1988, the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition (AHTCC) has been at the forefront of efforts to protect, strengthen, and expand the Low-Income Housing Tax Credi(t Housing Credit). In 2020, the AHTCC is focusing on the following priorities:
1. Enact the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act, comprehensive legislation which includes roughly two dozen improvements to the Housing Credit and Multifamily Housing Bonds that would make these tools more streamlined, flexible, and better able to serve a wider range of populations and communities. We applaud Congress for enacting two key provisions from the Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act in March of 2018. We will continue our efforts to advance the other components of this legislation, particularly the minimum 4 percent Housing Credit rate due to its potential to significantly increase the production of affordable housing.
2. Encourage the Administration to protect and strengthen investment in affordable housing, and to hold the Housing Credit harmless, in any changes to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) or other regulations.
2. Seek policy opportunities to further strengthen and expand the Housing Credit and other affordable housing tools like Multifamily Housing Bonds.
4. Strengthen the depth of support and engagement of congressional allies by working with AHTCC members to invite members of Congress and staff to more ground-breakings and other Housing Credit property events to raise awareness of the Housing Credit and the growing need for affordable housing nationwide.
5. Encourage presidential candidates and other candidates for elected office to include the Housing Credit in their housing policy proposals.