Application Process: Candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition (AHTCC) is seeking an Operations Manager to support our growing organization in increasing our efficiency of operations and efficacy in our mission to advocate for affordable housing.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly organized team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with exceptional attention to detail and professionalism.
The AHTCC maintains a flexible, hybrid work schedule. The Operations Manager will generally be expected to report to the office one to two days per week, and otherwise will have the option to work remotely on a schedule agreed to with the CEO. The position will be full-time position with benefits.
The Operations Manager will report to the CEO and work closely with the AHTCC team and the AHTCC’s association management firm.
About the AHTCC
The AHTCC is a trade organization of housing professionals who advocate for the Housing Credit–the nation’s primary tool to finance affordable rental housing – and has been at the forefront of efforts to protect and bolster the program since the AHTCC’s founding in 1988. In the year ahead we are focused on legislative and regulatory advocacy to further expand and strengthen the Housing Credit, working with Congress and the Biden Administration. Learn more about our priorities here.
Our over 260 member organizations—including syndicators, investors, lenders, developers, legal and accounting professionals, state and public agencies, and coalitions—have supported the provision of more than half of the 3.8 million affordable homes financed by the Housing Credit across the country.
Description of Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities will include:
Conference and Event Support
- Assist with compiling minutes for Board of Directors meetings and other committee meetings as needed
- Provide on-site staff support at AHTCC conferences and events, and assist with conference planning and preparations
- Assemble advocacy materials for congressional meetings and other meetings as needed
- Assist with preparations, logistics, compiling and printing materials for Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings, and other virtual events, including conference registrations and sponsorship coordination
- Provide human resources support for coalition staff, fellows and interns
- Administer payroll
- Assist with company and individual insurance renewals and other employee benefits
- Serve as a liaison with bank and other financial institutions as needed, including depositing checks
- Assist with contributions and record-keeping for Affordable Housing PAC, including coordinating with accounting firm on tax filings and other reports
- Compile CEO’s monthly expense report
- Process invoices and payments
- Track leave for the AHTCC team
- Schedule conference calls, meetings and events
- Assist with conference registrations and travel arrangements for team
- Ensure the AHTCC office is equipped and maintained to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Collect, process and distribute mail
- Arrange for technological support as needed
- Maintain coalition records, contact lists and databases
- Assist with tax, federal and city government reporting requirements, and other filings
- Supportive of the mission of providing affordable housing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Experience working with organizational finances
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism, and ability to interface with the AHTCC’s members and partners
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with major social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and WordPress preferred
- 5 – 10 years of experience in an office manager or similar administrative role
- Residence in the Washington, DC, area, with the ability report to office in Washington, DC one to two days per week, and potentially more as needed, and attend some in-person meetings in events; some travel will be required
Candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.