Why Join the AHTCC?
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
The AHTCC is your voice before Congress and the Administration. We meet with hundreds of congressional offices each year, engage frequently with congressional leadership, participate in roundtables and regulatory conversations with agencies including the Treasury Department, HUD, and the Federal Housing Finance Agency, and ensure that the affordable housing community is well-represented.
Timely News from Washington, D.C.
We provide timely news and analysis on policy developments impacting affordable housing.
Each month, we synthesize the information coming from Capitol Hill so that you can read what is most important for your organization. We also provide timely policy alerts when there is breaking news.
Networking and Educational Events
We hold three in-person meetings each year so you can hear directly from members of Congress, leaders in the Administration, and experts in the field.
Two of our three events are held in Washington, D.C., and provide opportunities to advocate for the Housing Credit firsthand on Capitol Hill. Our Annual Meeting, during which members learn about hot topics in affordable housing and plan for the year ahead, is held in a rotating location each year.
Throughout the year, we also hold smaller events across the country, webinars and working groups to further engage our members.
- Facilitation of congressional meetings when you’re in Washington, D.C.
- Assistance with coordinating congressional attendance at property events
- Optional participation in:
- Timely working groups which develop industry response to issues such as the COVID-19 crisis and Community Reinvestment Act reform
- Legislative, Communications and Membership Committees to help set the direction of the AHTCC
- Affinity groups, including the Women of Affordable Housing Group and Young Professionals Group